Friday, October 29, 2010

Busy busy busy

A trip to Denver is looming and we have been in a hurry to get things taken care of so we can go. New tires for the jeep, Christmas presents, warm clothing, stuff for the house while we are gone and other odds and ends. At the same time my independent woman has been finishing some of her school work and getting ready for her test. This had made little time for affection giving or receiving. My good girl and myself have passed the honeymoon period of the relationship and are okay with things getting hectic and little relationship time, but my independent woman is not past this area and has been feeling neglected the past two weeks and getting frustrated. She knows it is illogical but the heart down not understand logic. I have tried to make things go well for her and I am not sure the attempts were getting though. In the past few weeks we have be going out to eat and I have been trying to bring her in to conversations. I know I am not always the best at it and my attempts to show her she is important have been failing.

This afternoon we started to work things out on how we can make things better. I will be at first spending one night a week in her room. This will be interesting as she sleeps with things going on in the background like television and I prefer a nice quite room to sleep in, hence the reason for the separate rooms.

this relationship is just as important to me as the one with my good girl and I am going to do what it takes to get things working well. It will take time and work but any good relationship does.

No comments:

Post a Comment